Monday, December 16, 2013

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth?

This blog post is from a letter Sister Sudweeks sent her parents....
 
Parents!
 
I figured I’d answer all of the questions I failed to answer last week.  Once again I had only twenty minutes but I wrote way more people.  This time I actually wrote down what I wanted to talk about last night.  I’ll get the hang of this whole email in an hour. 
 
We have another set of sister missionaries in our district and more in our zone, but they don’t live with us.  There’s only two in our apartment since Sister Freitas flew back to the Temple Square mission.  Half of this entire mission is Sister Missionaries so it’s pretty cool.
 
My typical P-day is exercise, get ready, be at the library by 10 am (7 am your time), get groceries, clean the apartment, do our laundry, go on adventures like the aquarium and thrift store, and have appointments after 6 pm. 
 
On Sundays, we get ready, have a 9 am Correlation meeting, 10 am church, teach investigators after church if they come, have lunch and then it varies from there. 
 
We have district meetings once a week, and zone conferences once a transfer.
 
Sister Jarman and I check for packages in the morning because the apartment office is closed by the time we get home around 9 pm.  So it was hilarious last week because we were talking about Christmas traditions and I was so sad about not making a candy train!  Then lo and behold, that package arrived and I was giddy with joy!  We made the candy trains for our last P-day while listening to David Archuleta’s Christmas CD.  BEST P-Day EVER!  Thank you so much!  I love you a lot a lot!
 
Mom, to answer your question about how you can give out a Book of Mormon, I suggest you carry a copy of the Book of Mormon with you everywhere. Ask people if they've ever read it and if not, tell them about it and a little bit about the Restoration, and ask if they want to read it. "Do you like to read?" is a good break the ice question.
 
For Christmas I simply want family photos, inspirational missionary quotes, and snail mail letters.  If anyone asks what I want for Christmas just tell them to help the missionaries in their area because I’m learning member involvement is SO important.  (Also they can write me if they want.) 
 
Thank you so much for all the encouragement and support you’ve given me this last month.  I’ve come to the conclusion that serving a mission is one of the best decisions I’ve made.  I know I’ve learned a lot and I know I’ll continue to learn and grow. 
 
I love you and pray for you daily!
 
Love,
Sister Sudweeks
 

No comments:

Post a Comment