Monday, April 6, 2015

The Best!


Happy Monday! ♥

What a surreal moment.  I never thought this day would come (I want to be a missionary forever, why would I want to type up my last email as a full time missionary?) But I figure the more I procrastinate writing this email, the less meaningful and more short it would be, so I suppose I should start writing it now.

I'll briefly talk about what happened this week, and then go from there. Flo. was able to receive a priesthood blessing for her knee surgery, and now the Relief Society is taking her meals so her recovery won't be so stressful. The blessing was so powerful, and she was bawling the entire time. We were able to teach her more about the Godhead with Brother Montana, and I love Flo.'s faith so much. She originally believed that they were just one being, but after discussion and bringing up a few scriptures such as Christ's baptism, she believed it instantly. She's doing well, and we're going to talk to her about her baptismal date due to the fact we don't know how quickly it'll be due to her recovery.

Ci. was able to take us out for Japanese food (the first time that I had it) and she came to the first session of General Conference! If you don't remember who Ci. was, I don't blame you. She was one of the first people I ever met here in Covington all the way back in October. Sister Stewart and I went out tracting as we parked the car at the church. Ci. and > were the last doors we knocked on, and they drove us back to the church because it was getting dark, and we were unaware that we walked through a not so safe neighborhood. We've been in contact with Ci. this entire time, but she's been really sick because she's gone through chemo and radiation. But since it was warm enough she absolutely loved conference, and how we emphasize the importance of families so much. We gave her a church tour after, and she was so impressed on the fact that we have seminary Mon-Fri for the high schoolers. Ci. told me she's practically already a Mormon because she voted for one, but there's just a few things holding her back (tea and coffee). I told her to pray about it, so I'm really hoping she'll get baptized after I leave.

Today we found out that Covington is no longer going to have sisters for a brief period of time because of the lack of sister missionaries currently serving. They'll open it up again eventually, but for now Sister Buhler and Sister Ramirez are going to remain in Conyers, and they'll become STLs. I'm so excited for them because I predicted that to happen. I guess the spirit told me! ;) I'm really worried what's going to happen with all of our investigators and some of our less active sisters, mainly because the elders can't really go to them without a member. But I know God's timing is perfect, and it'll all work out for the better!

This has been an amazing journey- a journey that I could have never thought to imagine for myself, with the priceless stories, spiritual filled experiences, and trials of faith and patience. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to be able to serve the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. My testimony of the Son of God, our Savior Jesus Christ has been strengthened one hundred fold, and I cannot doubt my testimony of what I know.
 
I love my Savior, Jesus Christ!  I am so glad I could teach his gospel full time in the Georgia Atlanta Mission!
One of the things that I was able to learn from the very beginning is gaining a true and strong testimony that the Christ's Church has been restored to the Earth once again, along with the power and authority of God. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father, and that he speaks to us through chosen prophets to receive revelation on our behalf so we can return to live with him again. They have that power to baptize, perform miracles, and to preach the gospel. I know that Christ did establish his church through the foundation of apostles and prophets, He gave them authority to continue on His Church, although it didn't happen that way. As the patterns of the prophets have repeated itself time and time again, God called Joseph Smith to be a prophet of God, and promised us that we will never again have Christ's Church be taken from the Earth. I testify this to be true with all my heart, and that I know that the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. Many plain and precious truths were lost during that time where there wasn't a prophet to guide the people after the apostles' death. But through the Book of Mormon many plain and precious truths have been restored for us. I invite everyone to pray and read the Book of Mormon every day. I loved learning that the word 'Mormon' means 'more good'. If it truly is another testament of Jesus Christ, wouldn't everyone want to hear more good about our Savior Jesus Christ?

I've been able to learn so many different things as a missionary, especially to learn how to rely on Heavenly Father, and his timing and plan. Putting in my papers to serve a mission was a leap of faith, but I never really knew how much we as missionaries had to do that each and every day! I testify and know that God has a plan for each and every one of us, and although we may not always see the whole picture of why certain things had to occur, it is for our benefit and growth. I understand that this life is to be able to feel comfortable in God's presence, and that His commandments are for our physical and spiritual safety. He does not give us any commandments just to see us struggle- they are for our benefit entirely. Commandments are also not like toppings on a fudge sundae, you can't pick and choose what you will keep. If we love God, then we WILL keep His commandments. You only make a decision once, and it's up to you if you keep it.

As this phase of my life is coming to a close, I've loved listening to General Conference with the future in mind. I was really able to recognize the teachings of not becoming casual or lukewarm in the commitments and covenants that we have all made. We must live each day like Christ was coming tomorrow, because the Second Coming is at nigh. I was able to learn more about our Savior, Jesus Christ. I loved listening to many passages of scriptures intertwined throughout the talks, and being able to pinpoint where certain scriptures were. Without the mission, I wouldn't have been able to do that. The emphasis on families and why they are so important was such a huge part of conference. If we didn't have families, the world would be in greater calamity than it is today. I have a great desire to have a Christ centered home where the gospel is being taught throughout each and every day to strengthen my future family. I know that Christ lives, and that He died for us.

I figured that I would save 'THE BEST' subject title for last. :)

I love y'all so much!

See y'all on the other side. ♥

-Sister Sudweeks [for the last time (as a missionary)]
 
P.S. Here are just a few of the amazing people I've grown to love in Covington!  A piece of my heart will always stay here.  

Sister Traina, my previous 'landlord'. She took us out to Cracker Barrel for lunch last Tuesday, and bought us some goodies for home to share! 
The Trusts!  
Shelly Holmes :) 

This is part of the Reynold's family. Their kids remind of the daughters in Despicable Me :)

This is Bella, the Reynold's dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment